Area tiruchirappalli district
In Tiruchirappalli district, the river splits into two branches, the northern branch being called the Coleroon (Kollidam) and the southern branch is called river Cauvery. The total length of the river in this district is about 125 Kms, and the area of river basin extends about 17, 200 hectares of land.As of 2011, The district had a population of 2, 722, 290 with 1, 013 females for every 1, 000 males. Tiruchirappalli district lies within Tamil Nadu. The district has an area of 4, 404 square kilometers. area tiruchirappalli district
The main town in Tiruchirappalli District is the city of Tiruchirappalli, also known as Trichy (Tamil: ). During the British Raj, Tiruchirappalli was known as Trichinopoly, and was a district of the The district has an area of 4, 404 square kilometers. It is bounded in the north by Salem district
Tiruchirappalli District is located centrally in Tamil Nadu and it is surrounded by Perambalur district on the north, Thanjavur district on the east, Pudukkottai and Dindigul districts on the south and Karur district on the west. The district has an area of 4403. 83 Sq. Kms. The total area of the district is 4, 403. 83 Sq. km. As per 991 Census the total population of the district is 21, 96, 473, which accounts for 11, 08, 016 of the male population and 10, 88, 457 of the female population. The major crops of Tiruchirappalli district are rice, millets, cereals, pulses, sugarcane, groundnut, gingelly, and cotton.area tiruchirappalli district Finally the English brought Tiruchirappalli and other areas under their control. Soon after the area was ceded to East India Company as per the agreement at the eve of the Kanatic war, Tiruchirappalli district was formed under the the Collectorship of Mr. John (Junior) Wallace in 1801.